Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My nonexistent love life *sigh*


Hi! I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in so long. I promise I shall try to post more now. Here's the first. I wrote this for my Psych 101 paper about my dream date of the senses entitled: Light, Warmth, Love. Hope you guys enjoy! THIS IS PURELY FICTIONAL ALBEIT I WISH IT WASN'T.

He looks at me. It feels like as if he’s never seen me before. My eyes watching him peripherally as he stares at me then his mouth breaks into that angelic grin I’ve always loved. We’re at the beach tonight and the moonlight radiates his skin, making him glow.
The beach fades into different shades of black as my eyes adjust to the darkness. I see that there’s no one there but me and him. He smirks and I notice the wrinkles that form on his eyes.
 I look at his face: tousled jet-black hair, Chinese eyes, well-defined nose, and those luscious lips of his. My eyes move down and stare at his body: caramel-colored skin, toned arms, to-die-for abs, and calves that would have cost a week on the treadmill non-stop to achieve. I also notice how all of these features just blend together perfectly when you see him. He may not be physically perfect, but he is to me.
We pick up one of the paper lanterns we brought here and lit the bottom, the dancing orange flames illuminating his comely appearance. And then we let the lantern float its way up. In the far distance, it sort of resembles a star, floating towards the bright white moon.
We look at each other and smile. We run around in the sand and head to our blue wool blanket, where we lie down. I see, with my own two eyes, that this night is going to be unforgettable.
I close my eyes for a while and let my mind wander. My ears become a little more sensitive with the sound around me as I hear the waves crash on the shore line and the trees swaying to the music of the whistling wind and that relaxes me.
I listen to my own voice, telling him, “hey, thanks for bringing me here tonight.” I hear him breathing near me and then, with his voice like melted butter, sweetly and sincerely, he replies, “I love you.” To which I say, “I love you too.”
I don’t know how but I hear his smile, glinting and contented, as I sink deeper into unconsciousness.
My world is now blank: no vision, no noise, but my nose seems to still be working. I can smell the freshness of the seawater mixed with the aroma of sand and trees.
 I sniff again but instead of smelling something good, I inhale a pungent order so I turn my body towards his. I curl myself up closer to him and I breathe naturally; his fragrant cologne with the smell of his skin fills my nostrils. This calms me down enough to forget where I am.
I take another whiff of him and that’s when I realize how I crave for his scent when he’s away. I also happen to know when someone smells distinctly like him. Maybe it’s a skill, I don’t know.
 I let my breathing slow and I fall asleep, only to wake up to the smell of freshly cut fruits and canned meat.
I sit up as he prepares our dinner, consisting of fruits, some bread, and canned meat. I take a handful of strawberries and put them in my mouth. My tongue savoring the combination of sweet and tangy flavors the fruit brings (although I did eat one very sour strawberry, but I’ll let it pass). I put some of the meat onto the bread and I take a bite off of it. I chew it a little and I realize that it’s canned tuna with a spicy tomato sauce on it; A deliciously good meal for a night like this.
I playfully stick my tongue out to subtly tell him I’m enjoying his company. I slug the sandwich down. He tells me there’s food stuck on my chin; I try to get it off but I don’t know where it is exactly.  He takes a hold of my face, pulls it closer to his, and whispers, “Here” then all of a sudden I taste his lips. It tastes like orange, like a really delicious orange.
 I taste his tongue and then we vigorously make out. I move down to his neck, half-kissing, half-licking. It oddly tastes almost like the way he smells. It feels really good kissing him like this.
He catches me by surprise when he pulls away and tells me he wants to go for a dip.
We run to the water. I feel his smooth fingers interlaced with mine. My feet sink just a little every time I step on the sand.
We finally reach the water and I sense the sea waves crash on me- not only do I hear or see it now, but I’m feeling the seawater actually hit my body. The water was too cold for my taste so I start to shiver a little.
He holds me to keep me warm. We start to feel each other; I feel his biceps hugging me and his chest and abs lightly touching my back. His nose pokes around my face- I feel his exhalation on my neck, which tingles a bit. His lips poke around, as well.
He suddenly begins to tickle me and I splash around violently, which brought a sharp pain on the ball of my foot. Oh no, I stepped on a jagged rock. He sees the pain on my face so we hurriedly get out of the water. I rest half of my weight on him while I limp around as we head to our blanket.
I sit down and he applies some ointment on the wound. It stings a little but after a while it soothes the pain.
I lie down and he lies down beside me. I look at the majestic image the beach has made for us tonight. I study his face and my eyes see nothing but happiness; pure and untainted happiness.
I slowly close my eyes. My ears hear him breathing while the waves restlessly coalesce with the shoreline.
I turn my head to face him- I breathe in his scent and I only exhale it seconds later to make his aroma last a little longer in my nose.
I kiss him torridly and our tongues intertwine and we taste each other’s lips for the last time tonight.
He holds me and my skin feels his warmth.
“Good night, Ruod. I love you so much,” he utters softly. “Good night. And I love you too.”

No comments: