Thursday, February 28, 2013

Free Espresso

Before I start with reading about the meaning of life for my Philo class, I wanna talk about my life first and what it means (no not really).

Issa, one of my best friends, and I had an impromptu date today after class. We went to Trinoma together to look at clothes, which we did not end up buying, look at cases for Minion, my iPad, which we also did not buy (although we did buy it a matte screen protector, yay!), and ate at Taco Bell because we were not on an all-carb diet, unlike some people from a famous movie that we loved so much (if you must know, it's Mean Girls).

We were just going around and then Issa told me that she had to buy a drink from Starbucks because it was the last day for the February coupon from the planner because, duh, it's the last day of February today (I crey tears). The coupon said that the person was entitled to get any free espresso drink that is equal or less than the price of the drink that he or she buys.

I remember telling Issa about a post I saw in Tumblr where a guy told the barrista in a Starbucks chain that his name was Primrose Everdeen. When the barrista shouted out his drink with the name (i.e. "One Tall White Mocha Beverage for Primrose Everdeen!), he immediately answered, "I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!" which is a reference from the scene in the movie, The Hunger Games. We have always wanted to do this but every time we go to Starbucks, we keep on forgetting. But this time around, we remembered.


When we ordered, the girl asked for the name and we told her and then she put it on the cup. We waited for our drinks and when it was there, the guy barrista said, "Two Grande Iced Caramel Macchiato beverage for PREMrose Eberdin!" which just ruined the whole thing. We started laughing and we couldn't do it because IT WAS NOT SAID RIGHT OKAY IT MATTERS. Thanks, barrista guy. You have ruined our plans of doing a movie reference that would have been really witty if it wasn't for your awful way of pronouncing the name. Issa even told me that it's weird that he can apparently pronounce Macchiato right but not Primrose? That is weird.

 Okay, enough bitterness. Time to get to work.



No comments: