Friday, October 19, 2012

Semestral Break Reading List

I have been deprived of reading books of my own choice for the past 4 months and it has taken its toll on me because I bought 5 new books to entertain me while I am on my long-short vacation. This is going to be epic! I don't know what I like buying more, books or clothes, but I do know one thing, books have effects on you that clothes don't; they can take you places you only dream of going to; you become someone of a different age or gender or even specie. That's why I love books. 

My parents told me that I learned how to read when I was 3. They would like to show me off to their friends like any proud parent would. I would sit in one chair, crossing my puny legs, and I would read the newspaper out loud for them without comprehending half of the things I was telling them. But I guess from that time on I loved reading. 

Clockwise from bottom left: Damned by Chuck Palahniuk, Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James, The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore, The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan, and Let It Snow by John Green et al

Just look at those beauties. I can't wait to devour each own, figuratively speaking. I have 2 weeks to immerse in 5 adventures and to that I say, bring it on.

No comments: