Thursday, October 18, 2012

BLAH

I just really needed a break. All this college stuff has come and gone so fast that I felt like I had no time to really think through the choices I've made. Unfortunately, those choices HAVE been made so no use in regretting them now.

I HAVE MISSED WRITING ABOUT MY FEELINGS. It's been months now and I feel like I have so much to say but have little to write because I have no idea how to put into words these feelings of mine. It's frustrating for someone like me to talk about feelings yet not have the right words to say how I feel.

Well, firstly, I believe my first semester in college went rather smoothly; I met friends, got to know some professors, and I learned how to strive in a different way. Please trust me when I say that college is WAY WAY WAY different from high school and what you're used to. It's not as tasking as High School but unlike the other levels of education, college is all about time management. Time can literally pass you by without you noticing and then shit, tomorrow's the deadline of a paper (speaking of which, I have a geog reflection paper to write but MY FEELINGS COME FIRST, OKAY?). 

I can testify to the time management thing considering that I finish at 11:30 every other day and I don't have classes on Monday (Ah, UP life). I remember this one time that I finished at 11:30 and I went to see my friends and hung out with them and I promised one of them I would go on home by about 2:30 then the next thing I knew it was 5:30. Time flies when you're an ignorant bastard who gets distracted. But sometimes, it's all good; everybody needs de-stressing, although don't make it an everyday thing unless you want to flunk out of college at your first semester or you have super speed and can get everything done by an hour, be my guest.

I think what college teaches us first and foremost (apart from classroom lessons) is to manage our time well. I mean, in the real world, you're in control of your time. No one really tells you when to do something. Apparently, I am still trying to learn that skill. 

College has also been very free for me. I might be away from home but I feel freer now. Don't get me wrong I miss everyone in my province but not having someone to always watch over you in everything you do feels great. 

Tomorrow's going to be the last event related to my first sem life in UP. It's an awarding for our Geography class. I have to help our professor tomorrow morning to set up and stuff so I have to finish my paper tonight and sleep.

I'll continue rambling about my feelings in some other post. 


Here's a picture of lil' ol' me with a green mustache to keep you company. 

Adios!

P.S. Don't be afraid to hit me up through the comments! I don't bite. RAWR.

No comments: