Friday, October 19, 2012

Little by little



Drops of water spill, little by little
Near and far, so the pitter-pat on rooves
Seems as such life's mystery so brittle
As raindrops trickle, deluge swiftly moves
The blistering cold brought forth by wind
Minute sreeches echo the water fall
Feet brought to desist, whilst thoughts rescind
Bitter reflections I loathe but recall
My emnities with rain spawn detestment
But I curse not heavens nor God above
Yet what has made my soul lament
Is cupid's arrow, my trainwreck called love
As my dwelling's fore walls get damp and wet
Not having someone to hold; my regret

Just a little background on this sonnet. I made this last year for our English class. We were talking about Elizabethan Sonnets and our teacher, Ma'am Arianne, wanted us to write one about something we hate or despise. Well, I chose rain.

I have never been fond of rain; it's wet, it makes things wet, and the hassle of travelling around while it's raining. I just hate it. 

After a few stanzas, she told us to try to put a volta (a turning point or a twist) in our sonnet and so i dug deeper as to why I hated rain so much, and eventually found the volta I was looking for. Rain reminds me of love, basically. Oh joy.

No comments: